Revenue Senior Accountant
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. As of June 30, 2022, we have shipped more than 48 million microinverters, and approximately 2.5 million Enphase residential and commercial systems have been deployed in more than 140 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, the Revenue Senior Accountant will play a critical role in the day-to-day operational accounting and technical accounting research responsibilities and help the company scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Prepare monthly revenue accounting journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and revenue reports for month end close, cycle reviews and footnotes for SEC Reporting.
- Analyze financial data, summarize and provide a concise and meaningful narrative discussion of variances for quarterly flux reporting.
- Business partner to cross-functional teams including Sales, Sales Ops, Pricing, FP&A, Accounts Receivable, Tax, IT, Legal and SEC Reporting.
- Research, document, record and communicate technical accounting matters as they arise related to revenue, inclusive of company finance policies and internal SOX controls.
- Drive process improvements and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time revenue data for decision making and financial reporting.
- Lead revenue integration of acquired companies to adopt Enphase’s processes, procedures and ERP platform.
- Prepare auditor’s PBC requests, respond to their queries and implement audit recommendations.
- Assist and conduct job training to the finance team when required.
- Develop standardized dashboard reports across all business divisions.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on revenue recognition experience; including minimum of 2 years of Big Four public accounting experience.
- Sound GAAP knowledge and SOX experience as well as good background with SEC filings.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Results-oriented, strong organizational skills, and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization (cross-functionally).
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to change.
- Ability to analyze and question data for reasonableness, proper accounting, and consistency.
- Seek to continuously improve current processes and procedures.
- Strong Excel modelling required.
- ERP system experience (Oracle preferred).