Emergency Medicine Scribe/Medical Assistant - Nebraska
MEDS operates a renowned network of emergency physician and APP peers across both rural and urban communities in the Midwest. As a physician-owned practice founded in 1983, MEDS offers the care standards found in larger health systems while maintaining the personalized service of private practice. Our physicians continue to practice in hospital emergency departments and hospitalist roles in addition to serving in leadership roles. With a focus on expanding access and raising quality standards, MEDS providers leverage their expertise to provide compassionate, patient-centered emergency care to both rural and metro populations. Our physicians are deeply embedded within the communities they serve, working closely with hospital staff and administrators to collaboratively solve challenges. The depth of emergency medicine experience at MEDS allows hospitals to elevate emergency service capabilities and deliver better health outcomes across diverse community settings.
The primary role of the scribe is to assist the physician documenting the medical chart for patients seen by the provider at the facility. They are not involved in patient care. The scribe accompanies the physician into the ED exam room and transcribes the history, physical, examination and care of the patient throughout the course of the patient stay in the ED.
- The position is a 10 hour shift, 10-8p daily. The schedule will be a rotating schedule.
- Training will be provided on site which includes classroom education and training in the emergency department
- Candidate must pass the medical terminology test at the end of the training, in addition to review of their final charts for accuracy
- Full time position and part time positions available
- HS diploma
- Health care experience preferred: Unit secretary, nursing tech, nurse aid, or other medical ancillary service roles ( example radiology tech, phlebotomist, etc.)
- Computer skills: Intermediate level skill. Will have to go into several applications within the medical record. Able to type quickly and accurately
- Able to work during the shift time of 10 am-10pm
- Training provided, and must pass the final test related to typing, accuracy, and skill with medical terminology
Salary and Benefits for full time position ( 130 hours per month minimum).
- Employed position
- Full time benefits include health, dental, vision, group term life, retirement plan and paid time off