Director, Transportation Operations
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
Accountable to direct and engage employees to achieve TMC operational goals. Leads all activities related to the operational oversight of the TMC in providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
Engage the Transportation Operations team across the TMC
- Drive a culture of accountability by setting clear expectations and providing direction and feedback
- Connect employees to DSC and the Customer’s business objectives by building awareness around KPIs, contractual inputs, and budget commitments
- Own and cascade corporate and organizational messages
- Communicate, and implement transportation initiatives that support new business opportunities to grow and expand the TMC business
Manage and Implement the Leadership Model
- Work with internal partners to identify issues and develop resolution for customer and TMC needs and commitments
- Conduct regular Manager and team meetings
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with LC’s
Delivers Performance and Results (cost, service, & customer requirements), internally and for customers
- Set goals and action plans to deliver results for DSC and the Customer
- Identify and implement strategies and process changes focused on reducing cost
- Guide data and information strategy to improve service, leading to actionable process improvements in Customer KPIs
- Work with O2 to build and improve reporting outputs in BI Tools
- Establish plans to ensure the execution of key business events
- Ensure that all customer issues are escalated in an efficient manner, informing the TMC Leadership of any major issues
- Participate in financial reviews, working with CO and Finance to understand P&L drivers and implement plans to achieve financial results
Ensure adherence to Customer and Operational Requirements
- Share Leading Practices, ideas, and issues within internal DSC communications meetings
- Provide consistent messaging and communications
- Communicate with the Customer, partnering with the CO Director for the network
- Provide input and feedback for customer meetings, including participate where needed
- Ensure consistency across customer networks
Be accountable for employee performance management including operational efficiency
- Develop Talent, including training, onboarding and coaching
- Coach Managers to develop their teams
- Ensure effective implementation of DSC onboarding and training for new hires and existing employees
- Develop and implement the output of the annual ODR, Performance Review processes and succession plans
- Solve problems and removes obstacles for employees
Job Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years in Supply Chain Logistics and Transportation industry.
- Demonstrated ability to form positive collaborative partnerships with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated advanced level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational follow-through/up skills and proven ability to develop and lead teams.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present at all levels
- Project management skills’
- Client facing experience
- Ability to think strategically and develop long term plans
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.