Are you passionate about Accounting? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at CJ Logistics America!
The Accounting Specialist GNT Operations, is the lead financial contact for the Hankook Tire drayage business. The Accounting Specialist invoices customers, oversees vendor invoice payments, performs the monthly financial close duties, and analyzes changes in the business. This role will also support the Fleet business operated out of the Transportation Management Center in Des Plaines, IL. The Accounting Specialist will report to the Analyst, Field Finance, GNT Operations and will be based in Des Plaines, IL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handles all customer billing and makes adjustments to customer’s accounts
- Communicating with managers and clients regarding receivables and payables matters in a timely fashion
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
- Performs an operations analysis to examine current performance methods for continuous improvement
- Copy, files, scan, and retrieve materials as needed
- Performs special tasks and projects as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Training, or a related field
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Warehousing, Transportation, or Distribution (experience with Customer Integration projects is preferred)
- Previous experience leading effective training sessions within an Operations environment required
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), JDA/RedPrairie, AS/400 a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams (previous team lead experience preferred)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks/projects based on business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, multitask, and effectively prioritize daily workload in a fast-paced environment
Overall travel around 25-50% with the flexibility to travel up to 75% at times
Pay, Benefits and More:
- At least 1-2 years of related experience required
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to build quality relationships
- Goal-driven with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.