Director, External Communications
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE:ENV) is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
The Envestnet Communications Team creates and implements the most effective communication strategies and tactics that drive Envestnet’s strategy and align its vision and purpose. We create high quality and high impact communications that engage our clients and various constituents and enhance Envestnet’s culture and brand.
As the Director, External Communications, you will be a creative storyteller and results-driven communicator. You will help architect our content strategy to establish effective communication programs that enhance Envestnet’s vision, strategy, values, and purpose. You’ll help in building the framework for Envestnet’s thought leadership platform. You’ll focus on designing communication initiatives that aid in implementing Envestnet as the leading brand for offering a financial wellness ecosystem that enables an Intelligent Financial Life.
You will demonstrate experience working with cross-functional teams. You are a team player with a solution-oriented mindset who wants to work at an innovative, vision-forward company. You like to work collaboratively and know how to have fun. You will report to the Head of Corporate Communications and will work closely with the entire marketing team.
- Positioning — establish Envestnet as a differentiated solution that financial advisors, banks, and FinTech firms can trust. Be at the forefront of shaping, recommending, and guiding a content strategy.
- Communications Strategy — collaborate with our leadership to determine where, when, and how to grow our brand and target audiences.
- Content Marketing — lead the creation of compelling and timely content for thought leadership which could be published across web, email, publicity, video, and social. Types of content could include white papers, case studies, research reports, infographics, podcasts, video, etc.
- Creative — you have creative ideas for how and where to tell our story and the stories of our clients.
- Campaign Management — develop and execute campaigns to amplify Envestnet’s voice.
- Social Media & Blogs — manage the day-to-day of Envestnet’s social media channels and blogs with internal and external resources.
- Agency Oversight — oversee, direct, and manage multiple agencies in the delivery of strategic communications across multiple platforms.
- A Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, finance, or similar.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of individuals and external agencies.
- Experience producing communications for financial services or FinTech organization.
- Prior experience in the asset management / investment advisor sector.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ total experience.
- Experience managing a team of internal direct reports and outsourced agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding working environment.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines.
- Able to perform at a high level, even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with ambiguity or difficult challenges.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Results oriented: demonstrating intellect and a strong work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay self-motivated and accountable to deadlines, prioritizing projects as needed.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
- “Can do” attitude and “get it done” mentality.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.