Senior Software Engineer
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our technology team.
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV) is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on digital transformation initiatives for our next generation wealth platform using the latest emerging technologies. This role will work closely with the UX Design and Product team as well as our back-end/API Development team - building applications that allow investment advisors to profile investors’ financial needs and objectives, construct portfolios to meet those goals, invest and trade their accounts, integrate with custodians and brokers, and provide analytics and reporting.
- Use best practices in UI development to translate UX designs and workflows into a working, interactive, performant application experience.
- Actively work to improve quality, efficiency, and maintainability of the existing and new codebases.
- Share your knowledge and mentor junior developers.
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing React, Typescript, Redux applications (ES6+)
- Team player with positive attitude, who can work collaboratively with other members of Envestnet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Professional experience working on complex UI platforms with custom components, features and the highly complex domain model
- Experience building reusable components and libraries for extensibility (using tools like Storybook UI)
- Experience consuming RESTful/GraphQL APIs in a micro-service environment and collaborating on their definition
- Experience in Micro Frontend Architecture.
- Expertise in Test Driven development, preferably Jest and React Testing Library
- Proficiency with browser-based debugging and performance testing
- Experience using Git or similar source control systems and any CI/CD tools
- Experience developing Fintech applications
- Cultivates Innovation, not afraid to introduce new tools and frameworks to the team
- Broader knowledge in other modern UI technologies.
- Experience with Micro Frontends
- Knowledge in Module Federation.
- Experience in building E2E testing using Cypress.
- Knowledge in AWS cloud technologies or AWS services for frontend
- Experience with mobile app development (preferably with React Native)
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $78,000.00 to $180,000.00.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.