Enterprise Systems Engineer (Bay Area)
Senior Systems Engineer
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Do you love discovering customers’ business challenges and crafting unique solutions for them? Are you ready for an opportunity to transform the way companies work? If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and a knack for helping customers understand them; we want to talk to you!
Nutanix (NTNX) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer (SE)who will act as a trusted advisor to our customer’s beginning as a presales activity while aiding the customer’s transformational journey through the adoption of our solutions portfolio. Your primary responsibility is to partner with the sales team and provide technical knowledge around Nutanix solutions to our customers and prospects. You’ll provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and guide prospects through technical evaluations (POCs) which are critical to the deal's success. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate product issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand.
Systems Engineering at Nutanix
Our Systems Engineering & Solution Sales organization is made up of 800+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who are responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in their field by the Nutanix sales, customer success, business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrate features and articulate benefits of Nutanix solutions to influence customer’s purchases to drive business transformation
- Size and configure Nutanix solutions
- Navigate & build long-term relationships with customers & be seen and treated as their trusted/valued resource
- Communicate customer feedback into the Nutanix ecosystem
- Partner with sales counterparts in developing account plans, customer persona coverage models and proposal creation to recommend and design solutions based on Nutanix offerings
- Collaborate with the wider presales team and obtain technical wins in the shortest and most professional manner.
What You’ll Bring
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and working knowledge of Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on technical aptitude, and the agility to adapt according to market demands.
- Team player with cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Analytical approach to solving complex problems, with the ability to clearly describe the situation and suggest a solution strategy.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- A desire to learn and be challenged, and continuously strive for excellence.
- Ability to perform and execute a flawless proof of concept, which at times will require lifting up to 50 lb servers within the datacenter in order to rack and stack the hardware the proof of concept will be executed on.
- Ability to tell a compelling story using a whiteboard, presentation and other media.
Meet the hiring manager - John White, Sales Engineering Manager
John recently joined us from Google and before that was with VMware for four years. He brings a tremendous depth of knowledge in HCI, cloud and everything Datacenter.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $159,200 and $238,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.