Production Superintendent 2nd Processing Nights
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 40,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs processing operations and personnel to meet established processing and quality control standards, to control budget and costs, and to provide data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products produced.
- Establishes short-term activities directed toward processing continuity and balance such as shift schedules, ensuring requisition of materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant function areas to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- Recommends improvements in processing flow or methods.
- Ensures effective use of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to improve processing and quality of products.
- Promotes a safe working environment for our employees.
- Responsible for working relations between USDA and plant personnel.
- Qualifications typically requires a four year degree or 2 to 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- High School Diploma (GED) required. Bachelors degree preferred.