FABRICATION PRODUCTION FLOOR TRAINER
Summary: floor Trainer is responsible for teaching and guiding new hires during OTJ process to ensure a successful outcome. Responsible for developing the knowledge and skills of JBS Green Bay workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Be on time at the beginning of every shift at his/her designated table and after each break as well.
- Meet daily with his/her new hires in order to train them, make sure they have all their equipment, address their concerns and be a new hire advocate.
- Responsible for the new hire employee satisfaction.
- Initiate, follow up the qualification process for each new hire upon completion of process.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Analyze training needs and develop training plans for his/her new hire.
- Lead new hires through company Orientation from start to end.
- Teach new hires and transfer employees how to perform the tasks required from them, i.e. safety, procedures, GMP’s different cuts, machine use, technique, etc.
- Familiarize new hires with where to find everything in the facility, including (but not limited to) the cafeteria, the bathrooms, the locker rooms, human resources, and the workspaces.
- Provide Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) training for the new hires according to the specifications of the areas they work in.
- Report daily new hires progress in their positions and rate them based on their skill set, listening skills, morning stretches, improvement, safety awareness, attendance, correct PPE use, etc.
- Remain with new hires until they are fully capable in their positions and are proficient enough to be permanent employees (i.e., “earn their white hard hats”)
- Assist Human Resource with tours.
- Assist in the facilitation of annual Alchemy trainings.
- Participate in training classes, OJT, certification and cross functional tasks.
- Reach goals and individual KPI’S.
- Responsible for HSE and the quality of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate proper knife use ( when and how to sharpen a blade)
- Experience in fabrication process and techniques at least 1 year.
- Experience in different meat cuts.
- Ability to work in a noisy, cold area.
- Action Oriented.
- Oral and written Communication, Informing.
- Solving problems.
- Motivating others.
- Approachability and composure
- Must exhibit exemplary attendance.