Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- CDL Class A required
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense
- Ability to work in seasonal temperatures (year round temperatures)
- Verifiable 6 months of yard shuttle experience or Qualifying Driving school certificate.
- Clean MVR and Background Check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves trailers from the dock doors to drop yard, moves warehouse trailers as needed
- Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
- Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Performs Pre-trip & Post-trip Safety Inspections of truck & trailers each day
- Fuels Spotter trucks and fuels trailers as needed
- Wash inside of trailer when needed
- Start and stops units to pre-cool trailers as needed
- Communicates with Load Coordinator, Shipping Supervisor, Forklift operator and Security Guards
- Other duties as directed.
- EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.