BROILER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
POSITION SUMMARY: The Field Service Representative is responsible for working with broiler growers to obtain maximum quality and optimal production costs.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Directs contract growers in poultry husbandry according to Pilgrims Pride procedures, maintaining a good working relationship and optimal performance. Handles grower complaints and issues in a diplomatic manner.
- Responsible for locating, diagnosing and responding to production, performance and bird health problems along with weekly or more frequent visits to buildings. Weekly visits to the processing plant.
- Communicates with hatchery, feed mill, processing plant and breeder personnel to resolve problems to attain high quality bird production.
- Responsible for reviewing grower production cost and bird performance on a flock to flock basis.
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science or Business preferred
- Minimum 2 years directly related experience is required.
- Must have valid Class C driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in dusty working conditions.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills including experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.