Manager, Data Analytics / Data Science
Manager, Data Analytics/Data Science
Mission (Why does this role exist?) and Scope (About the Job)
Enphase Energy is a global leader in solar inverters. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and thus, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
The Data Analytics / Data Science Manager will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting product quality data through the entire product lifecycle. Provides essential leadership and support for the data management activities of the Quality organization. Collaborates with Engineering/Quality/CS teams and Information Technology. Manages a small team of data analysts.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes (What the Person needs to accomplish in the role ?)
- Lead a team of data analysts and data scientists to monitor and assess performance of the Enphase fleet.
- Develop relevant methodologies for obtaining data from databases and use the right technologies to derive insights from this data.
- Highlight issues found to relevant functions/departments and drive resolution.
- Support development of scripts and automated dashboards needed by various organizations
- Responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide system for data collection, compilation of quality information, and development of reporting formats.
- Functions as a resource to departments and process improvement teams in the areas of quality data management and statistical graphing.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive product/process improvements.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and quality improvement
- Identifies opportunities for automation, monitoring and visualization using automated tools.
- Create reports regularly to senior management
Qualifications: Education, Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour) and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 12+ years’ experience in a high-tech business role.
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python/R/SQL
- Expert in using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Using web services: Redshift
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with applications to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience in solar inverter or automotive products will be an added advantage
- Seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills and an infectious can-do approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Ability to interpret and summarize presentations for executives
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Distributed data/computing tools
- Visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Managing data analysts' responsibilities and driving their work towards common team/department goals.