Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking an Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Christchurch based team, this role would ideally suit an Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in product development.
You will work in a collaborative team of Mechanical Engineers who design and develop state of the art solar power related products, as well as work on day-to-day support of released products and cost reduction projects.
- Develop new products from concept to production
- Support the sourcing, manufacturing and quality teams with mechanical expertise
- Investigate, analyse and resolve product failures
- Complete documentation for design, testing and analysis
- Provide technical leadership and support junior team members’ learning and development
- Ability to think laterally and solve unique problems
- Design experience in various material forming technologies, such as: injection moulding; sheet metal; silicone/rubber moulding; diecasting
- Thorough analysis and assessment of test results; and an ability to apply them to improve designs
- Good communication and documentation skills
Qualification and Previous Experience:
- Technical Degree (Bachelor or higher qualification) in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in consumer product development
- SolidWorks 2D and 3D CAD experience
- SolidWorks Surfacing experience
What would make you stand out?
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Experience developing high-volume products (100k+ annual production)
- Experience completing FEA (structural and thermal)
- Experience project managing mechanical product development
About the Christchurch team
Enphase Energy New Zealand is located in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 84 engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
Find out more:
sign up to our job alerts
All successful candidates will be subject to Enphase background checks.