IT Manager, Americas
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
The IT Manager, Americas is responsible for assisting the Global Head of Infrastructure and Security with Argus’s overall infrastructure framework and manage, develop and motivate the Americas operations team. Additionally, this role will be responsible for ensuring that critical systems are optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. An extensive AWS SysOps and Network Engineering background is a firm requirement to qualify for this role.
A part of our continuous improvement program we see seek to expand our Systems Operations team, working closely with other regions within a support model that is moving towards a 24/7 service. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain invaluable experience in a fast paced, rapidly growing business environment.
The IT Manager, Americas will be a critical player supporting a growing application, network and server infrastructure. The role encompasses a wide range of technologies, including AWS, Windows, Linux and Networking, and the candidate would be comfortable with the occasional desktop issue.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with the global team to affect change and improve current processes and procedures.
- Manage the development, measurement, and motivation of the local infrastructure team in Houston.
- Work closely with technology department managers in achieving operational goals.
- Provide Tier 2-3 technical support as a member of the global infrastructure and security team.
- Manage all components in our Amazon Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Administration, Configuration and Troubleshooting of Cisco Meraki, Fortinet and HP Networking devices
- Work closely with DevOps team to ensure high availability
- Work closely with the security team to counter the ever-growing cyber-threat landscape
- Building new cloud and on-premise platforms and deploying improvements to existing ones
- Running and maintaining server infrastructures
- Running and maintaining network infrastructures
- Respond to alarms and outages on an as-needed basis
- Working with other internal teams to identify, manage and resolve issues and incidents
- Ensure architectural standards are maintained
- Participate on the Infrastructure/Operations On-Call Rotation Schedule
- Creating documentation
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of progressive technical management and leadership experience.
- 3+ years as an AWS cloud engineer
- 5+ years as a Windows server administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms
- 3+ years as a Linux system administrator
- 5+ years as a Network engineer with a good understanding of network design including firewall and security designs, routing and configuration
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and OSI Model
- Good understanding of security and security practices
- Intermediate to Advance PowerShell, Shell and Python Scripting
- Experience managing monitoring environments and tuning notifications for production.
- Experience troubleshooting network performance issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firms General Atlantic and Hg.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled