Product Manager – Oil markets
Job Title: Product Manager – Oil markets
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Global Head of Oil
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy industry. Argus benchmarks are used globally throughout the energy sector for formula pricing in contracts, as a taxation reference, in investment planning and for a variety of other purposes.
This is a newly created role and is primarily responsible for ensuring a commercial focus on Oil sector subscription products and services, outside our core Crude, Products, Biofuels and LPG market reports. Beyond the Argus “Top Ten” market reports there are some 50 oil sector reports and services, representing £32 million of annualized revenue.
In this role, you will focus on developing our businesses in Bitumen/Asphalt, Base Oils, Freight and Marine Fuels. You will also work with stakeholders to help revive the performance of areas such as BIRs and regional/subset market reports.
You will be the primary liaison with Marketing and Sales for this long tail of Oil sector products, ensuring they are positioned properly and promoted appropriately. You will also provide guidance on target personas as well as generate and segment lists of prospects and ensure that the right sales managers are talking to the right customers.
- Responsible for commercial success of Oil sector subscription products outside the major Argus services of Crude, Products, Biofuels and LPG
- Relentlessly grows subscription revenue by driving market engagement campaigns, honing compelling messaging and expanding our contact base
- Liaises with Editorial, BD, Marketing, Sales and Consulting to align content with business objectives
- Develops product strategy, priorities and communicates vision
- Ensures a focus on capturing indexation opportunities
- Works with Marketing on brand awareness and market segmentation
- Seeks new ways of packaging and selling Argus content
- Proposes the business case for acquisitions, partnerships and new services
- Defines and monitors delivery against strategic priorities
- Measures and reports customer satisfaction
- Manages product lifecycle
Skills and Experience
- Experience of product management and/or sales or marketing
- Oil market knowledge and experience a plus
- A strong communicator
- Sound grasp of commercial issues and an ability to evaluate strategic business proposals
- Solid data and analytical skills
- Demonstrates the self-motivation and initiative to drive projects forward
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions