Account Manager - Energy Markets
Account Manager – Energy Markets
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1200 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
As a hybrid account management and new business role, you will be responsible for selling Argus market data, price assessments and reports to the European regions. You will be responsible for developing the growth strategy across the territory and managing the renewals process for existing customers, applying a consultative and methodical approach to sales and account management.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to utilize their sales skills to the full. We are looking for pro-active self-starters who are keen to work in an environment where there is a strong work/life balance and no micromanagement. The key to success in this role will be developing an understanding of the client's business to tailor a package to support their commercial decisions and investment strategies.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Successful track record of at least 3+ years in B2B sales, including generating new business, preferably with international experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to ‘network’ to get results for your clients
- Experience in data/IP sales preferable
- European language skills desirable
- Educated to Degree level or above
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and commission-based bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time to visit clients and attend meetings and conferences (across UK and Europe)
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.