Senior Reporter- US Products
Senior Reporter- US Products
Location: Houston, US.
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,200 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 27 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
What will you be doing?
Argus is seeking a Senior Reporter to join our Houston US Refined Products Team, working with and closely supporting team editors. The ideal candidate is curious, passionate, personable, able to quickly become a subject matter expert and lead coverage within the US midcontinent diesel and jet markets. This job will require a collaborative approach, working in tandem with team reporters and industry stakeholders to assess markets with accuracy and on deadline. Self-motivation and initiative to drive projects forward with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
The role requires daily reporting on US midcontinent distillate markets, which includes providing price assessments, writing market commentaries, as well as news and market analysis, all to deadline. As part of your role, you will expand market contacts, applying the highest standards of journalistic independence and integrity.
You do not need prior experience of commodities markets. Intelligence, curiosity, writing ability and a real desire to become a journalist are the primary qualities we look for in a very diverse pool of candidates.
What we’re looking for in you:
- A graduate with a strong degree, preferably in journalism or economics. Advanced Excel skills
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders, distributors) to gain market intelligence, while working with and interviewing subject matter experts, research industry trends and assessing the worthiness of potential topics.
- Assessing commodity prices based on collected data, adhering to rigorous compliance standards.
- Synthesizing complex information quickly. Writing market commentary, analysis pieces and news stories adhering to strict deadlines.
- Maintaining existing databases and building new databases for designated product.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within marketplace.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Hybrid work model
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid short term and long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 20 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
Argus Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact us. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact us. This email is provided exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be returned. Messages sent for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.