Account Manager, Commodities Markets - China
Argus is an independent organisation with almost 1,100 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
Are you self-motivated, ambitious hunter who can smash targets while maximising your earnings? Are you able to present new product ideas to clients and the ability to build excellent client relationships? We are a global leading provider of news, analysis and price information to commodities and energy markets, and we are seeking an outstanding talent who is smart, positive, enthusiastic, and driven.
As a hybrid account management and new business role, you will be responsible for selling Argus market data, price assessments and reports to grow the local market. You will be responsible for developing the growth strategy across the territory and managing the renewals process for existing customers, applying a consultative and methodical approach to sales and account management. Your day-to-day duties includes:
- Retain, develop, and increase business within an existing portfolio of key accounts
- Expand territory by establishing new accounts within the commodities, oil and energy sectors
- Working with clients to explore and expand growth opportunities
- Preparing quotes and contract documents for negotiations with clients.
- Developing and implementing sales plans to maximise revenue from new and existing clients.
- Work closely with marketing and business development teams to generate effective marketing campaigns
What we’re looking for in you:
- Successful track record of 5-10 years frontline information sales / B2B sales
- Experience and a proven track record within the price data subscription sales environment, commodities, oil and energy industry is preferred but not essential.
- An ability to develop and build strong, long standing rewarding relationships with your clients
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
- The ability to work autonomously as well as being an active contributor to our team
- Strong interpersonal skills, a genuine customer focus, competence in analysing and understanding client expectations.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and upselling skills.
- Believe in the following Argus values: Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Results
What’s in it for you:
- We are an Award-winning business with double digit growth over the last decade – the business continues to grow
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
- 15 days annual leave
- Career development and progression opportunities.
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
Please send in your application via our careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title.