Steel Analyst – Consulting
Job TitleSteel Analyst, Consulting
Reporting RelationshipSteel Consulting Lead
LocationLondon Head Office, Holborn
Argus Consulting Services is a division of Argus Media — the largest independent energy publisher in the world. We provide clients with customised analysis, research, data and commentary services on international commodity markets.
Our work is firmly focused on markets — their structure, logistics and economics. Argus Consulting Services draws on Argus’ key strengths — commodity market expertise, global networks and proprietary databases — in order to deliver real client value.
The division provides analytical products and undertakes tailor-made commissioned assignments for a wide variety of clients, including governments, national oil and energy companies, multi-nationals, the finance sector, energy traders, upstream, mid and downstream independents, and clients in the consultancy and service sectors.
Argus is continually looking to develop its offering, launching new products and services when it sees a clear market need. We would like to add a Steel offering to sit alongside our other Metals products. The new service will provide analysis of near and mid-term developments in Steel and associated markets, focusing on market fundamentals and price.
We are now looking for an analyst to support the development of this service, sourcing, modelling and maintaining the data that will underpin the service and contributing to the publications and data services that are being developed.
The selected candidate will work in conjunction with other teams across Argus and the Consulting leadership. Staff that have a ‘can-do’ attitude and are prepared to play a role in all aspects of building the business will thrive. The opportunities for reward are excellent.
- Build and maintain the databases that will support the new product offering
- Take responsibility for all modelling of forecasts in this area, under guidance from the Steel Consulting lead and Head of Forecasting
- Develop deep market knowledge in steel and associated markets
- Build network out into other parts of the Argus business, to support delivery of Consulting product set. Contribute to Argus thought leadership
- Present data and analysis and write content that will form the backbone of the product
- Ensure product is published to deadline and adheres to all Argus quality standards
Skills and Experience
- Educated at least to undergraduate degree level (2.1 or above). Highly numerate
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience of forecasting Steel and / or associated markets (fundamentals and price) a benefit
- Good working knowledge of relevant industry trends
- Flexible in approach, highly motivated and determined to contribute to the growth of Argus’ Consulting Services.
Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions