Position Title: Driver Manager
Shift: 2nd Shift Monday through Friday, Saturdays if needed
Location: Mt. Pleasant, TX
Reports to: Terminal Manager
- Management and facilitation of all driver-related job functions including but not limited to, operations, safety & compliance, vacation/home-time, employee relations, claims, and breakdown.
- Maintain effective communication with load planners and customer service representatives to ensure on-time delivery and load accuracy.
- Manage coordination with maintenance to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs to trucks within the fleet.
- Assist as needed with respect to HR-led initiatives, including but not limited to, payroll, enrollment of fringe benefits, issuance of disciplinary action, and general communication between driver and management
- Administer daily and weekly business-related reporting.
- Additional duties may be assigned, depending on the needs of the business.
Experience: Supervisory experience of three years or more, preferably in the trucking industry.
- General experience in the trucking industry.
- Proficient in general computer software.
- Experience working in TMW and/or Qualcomm is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of FMSCA Hours of Service and Compliance.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize effectively
- A proven leader and team player, dependable, consistent, and reliable.
Education: High school diploma and advanced learning degree preferred, not required.