LIVESTOCK QA TECHNICIAN II
QA Technician Barns
POSITION:Livestock Handling QA Technician
DEPARTMENT: Reports to Zachary Hardesty-Humane Handling Manager
SALARY CLASS:Hourly Non - Exempt
Shift: 2nd & 3rd shift (must be flexible for 1st & 3rd)
Job Description: Verify That all humane handling SOP’s are being carried out, including scheduling, unloading, training, handling of non-ambulatory animals, driving and stunning.
- Including hands on helping with difficult hogs – both in the truck and the drive alley’s
- Monitor/assist in slow hog movement & correct SOP coverage
- Monitor, audit and document each of these activities including remote video auditing.
- Insure that livestock truck drivers are certified in TQA training, provide training as required and maintain training records.
- Maintain good communication with USDA/FSIS in matters related to humane handling.
- Insure that animals are being properly transported by monitoring equipment and seasonal preparation.
- Monitor animals for visible defects which may impact on yields or quality, providing information to Procurement for feedback to producers and maintain a database for the monitoring information which is collected.
- Assist in response to emergency situations.
- Maintain implementation of the four elements of the Systematic Approach during each shift.
- Participate on facility Animal Welfare Team
- Performs various other duties as determined by the Livestock Handling Manager
- Attend scheduled and called meetings and take clear notes
- Knowledge of our industry is beneficial
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Good people skills
- Self-motivated and work well without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with live hogs and handle them within humane handling guidelines.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Team Player
- Must be able to lift/push/pull large amounts of weight as needed
- Must be able to rotate shifts (1st, 2nd & 3rd) as needed
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Posting Date: 01/15/2020Closing Date:01/25/2020
EOE/M/F/VET/Disabled Apply online @ jobs.jbssa.com
Approved By: Sergio Lopez
Title: Employment Manager