DATA SCIENTIST MANAGER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Center of Innovation & Technology for Excellence (CITE) is seeking a senior data science manager who is passionate about guiding and governing the use of emerging technologies that would have an impact on JBS’s competitive advantage, especially in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence (BI), Virtual & Augmented Reality (VR/AR), and Blockchain. By managing CITE’s data science team, you will empower the teams across all our business units with the tools and processes to enhance decision making and allow for insight driven collaboration.
In this role, you will partner with the data science teams across the business units to move strategically by:
- Leveraging the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge the current practices across the business units
- Enhancing the internal collaboration between business units through alignment of people, processes and technologies with business goals
- Standardizing the platforms architecture, maintenance and administration
- Developing the Citizen Data Science program to train & mentor our subject matter experts
- Initiating and maintaining a data catalog for each business unit
- Managing the code and artifacts, including models, algorithms, templates, tools, policies, guidelines, etc.
- Measuring performance and comparing the results to similar efforts across the organization and the industry
- Guiding and maintaining a roadmap for each business unit, based on its maturity level
- Working with different business organizations across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
- Mentoring, coaching, training and managing fellow data
Successful Candidate: A successful candidate must:
- Take the initiative, easily understand the business dynamics, see the big picture, assess current practices and identify new areas where inefficiencies affect the bottom line of the company
- Understand the uses of business and market information to better drive decisions
- Relate with multiple teams to understand the problems of the business
- Lead a team and managing its resources effectively
- Have a strong analytical mindset so that they can drive decisions in a fact-based environment
- Have very good project management skills and know how to prioritize the deliverables
- Passion for learning, improving process and attentions to the form of how the information it is presented
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data science with a desired knowledge of SAP, QlikView or Qlik Sense, and Business Objects
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Solid technical hands-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM, GAN), time series data, anomaly detection, statistical algorithms, data mining, and data engineering
- Knowledge in Keras, TensorFlow, H2O, data virtualization, RPA (Automation Anywhere) and cloud computing infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid development methods
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Experience in agricultural industry data science is a plus