JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Freight Planner for JBS that reports to the Fed Beef team.
This position requires to be on call every 6 weeks.
- Book truck freight of approximately 15,000 – 20,000 fresh and frozen loads per year in North and Central America.
- Review shipment routing and freight costs to ensure maximum savings.
- Assist claims in resolution of transportation of rejected product.
- Assist in tracking late and potential late trucks.
- Communicate and advise Logistics team about loads booked, trailer assignments, yard inventory, load ahead, etc.
- Maintain and review carrier performance of on-time delivery.
- Maintenance and review of YMS data.
- Maintain drop trailer and plant trailer pools.
- Coordinate with Export Coordinator on plant-to-dock movements.
- Daily communication with plant traffic, scheduler, load planner, sales, claims, security, billing and load tiers.
- Daily communication with JBS approved Transportation Carriers, cold storage, customer receiving.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Transportation.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.