ENGINEERING IT MANAGER
Job Title: Engineering IT Manager
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
This position is responsible for providing and managing information technology applications used in manufacturing functions. This position is responsibile for building a team of specialists that can perform user requirements definition, software design, configuration and interface, coordination for software development activities, installation, user training, and support.
The position is expected to work with engineering, IT and operations team to come up with optimal hardware and software solution for manufacturing applications.
Position requires effective project management and communication with plant teams, corporate and plant leadership and other IT groups for timely delivery of technology solutions.
- Preferred experience with and understanding of IT Change Management processes
- Preferred 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Preferred understanding of Microsoft SQL server and data queries
- Preferred experience with SAP interface technology
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with manufacturing system
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with Beef/Pork manufacturing applications
- Must have working knowledge control systems (PLC) used in manufacturing process
- Solid project leadership experience with multi -site implementations
- Ability to listen, understand and facilitate process improvements
- Excellent communication skills and relational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency in relation to customer service
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, traveling 35% of the time
- Managing project pipelines, priorities, and staff
- Leverage existing solutions available within Plumrose/JBS manufacturing space and come up with plans to enhance for Plumrose requirements
- Coordination with other manufacturing SMEs to understand best practices and recommend them to Plumrose
- Work closely with internal maintenance team or vendors for PLC related work
- Develop implementation plan for Plumrose manufacturing applications developed by in-house team
- Providing specifications for technical enhancements
- Promoting team oriented relationship with IT customers and peers
- Providing reliable and timely interfaces to SAP cost, master data, distribution data
- Documenting systems and processes – technical documentation, process documents, and end user training
- Prepare detailed planning documents including long-range planning and milestones
- Mentoring, coaching and developing team members
- Perform related tasks as requested
- Work 40+ hours per week in various areas of the facility
- 1st and 2nd shift rotations and weekends as needed
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objects (knives), machinery, and vehicles
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers or on indeed.com.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.