TRADE/BUSINESS UNIT CONTROLLER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is searching for a Business Unit Controller
- Responsible for management of the Swift Trade Group and Rendering Business Unit Accounting Reports – including P&L Estimates, period close journal entries, business analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deductions and claims processing.
- Analyze and provide insights to the business leaders about the opportunities in the Business P&L's in conjunction with Fed, Regional and Pork business units
- Analysis initiatives related with Working Capital and Cash Flow - AR, AP and Inventories
- Create and Develop financial reports to support a stronger understanding of financials by BU management
- Maintenance of business unit KPIs, develop reports to analyze and identify areas of improvement
- Budget setting and periodic review of business unit performance vs. budget.
- Streamline and standardize financial reporting processes
- Recommended and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, standardization between business units, cut costs
- Utilize analytical results and skills to for continuous improvement and cash generation
- Engage in necessary business processes to understand various aspects of the By-Products industry required to better understand data and financial management within the business unit
- Provide reports and interpret the results of business unit performance. This includes the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Supervise and motivate staff to ensure successful completion of accounting duties and reports.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Assure the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Has final responsibility for providing the business unit and its management with the appropriate financial and operating information necessary. This individual and the staff are expected to work with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and effective practices
- Managing Assets
- Other analysis or financial/accounting duties or projects as needed
- S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience including direct experience with the creation of financial reporting
- Experience with SAP and cost accounting systems preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with managing staff
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and database functions required