SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
This position based in Greeley, Colorado is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit team in performing audit engagements and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance. Engagements are performed to assess the internal control environment, evaluate compliance with corporate policies and leading industry practices, assess controls over financial reporting, and to identify operational efficiencies. This position will contribute significantly to SOX testing efforts, including documentation of process walkthroughs, internal control testing, and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in company audits using a “Risk Based Methodology”, enabling the audit team to obtain exposure to a large variety of company operations and personnel.
- Be a contributor, and eventually a potential leader, of the success of the SOX programs at Pilgrim’s Pride and JBS US.
- Work closely with external auditors, assisting them with various requests and sharing best audit practices in order to obtain a quality audit product for the company
- Opportunities to present audit results to various members of senior management during the course of audits/reviews, enhancing Internal Audits exposure throughout the organization
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to ensure action plans have been completed.
- Assist others in the department and work on various team projects.
- Coordinate on special projects with members of the I/A teams from Mexico, Europe, Australia, where required
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor and a strong team player, with a strong awareness and demonstration of the JBS values daily
- Ability to multitask on a variety of projects within a single day, which presents the opportunity for tremendous personal growth for IA staff.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum three-five years’ experience of full-time financial or internal / external auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures and preparing audit reports; risk-based auditing experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (Narratives, Risk Matrix, Control Templates, Testing, Certifications, Remediation)
- Good understanding of internal control frameworks (COSO 2013).
- Experience auditing SAP business process controls preferred; SAP GRC exposure a plus.
- Professional Credentials: (Preferred but not required) CPA or CIA a plus
- Excellent oral communication, writing, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain and foster outstanding working relationships with process owners and others within the organization
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team working to accomplish corporate objectives and values
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; can prioritize and recognize when to seek input from line managers, while making decisions that could have long term effects.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.