• Oversees efficiency of monitoring production, scanning make sheet, and discussing daily goals with Supervisors.
• Reports to Fabrication Office for order sheet (make sheet), attends supervisor meetings, and reports work schedule to supervisors daily.
• Directs supervisors with respect to production volume, quality, cost and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
• Handles any employee grievance, dispute or problem in most efficient manner possible. Any unsolved matter taken up with Human Resources.
• Actively participates in group meetings, line meetings, and supervisory meetings.
• Work with the Quality control department to insure product quality & food safety.
• Trains and develops supervisors to provide management depth and develop teamwork to attain department objectives.
• Monitors and confirms the machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintains and sanitized.
• Maintains good employee relations and adherence to labor contract provisions.
• Contact with line personnel, in addition to plant management. Required skills:
• Team oriented • Communication skills • People skills • Bilingual important, but not mandatory.
• Knowledge of beef cuts and production process.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English Working Conditions:
• Working in cold temperature • Frequent exposure to knives, hot water and production machinery.
• Physical demands of this position may include a great deal of walking and stair climbing. • Environment consists of slick floors and loud noise.
• High School Diploma or GED with college training preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of meat products.
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in processing plant industry.