FSQA TECHNICIAN - AFTERNOONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Perform food safety, regulatory and quality verification activities (such as routine inspections, documenting necessary information, inspecting/overseeing team members for proper plant procedures and policies, data collecting and record keeping activities)
- Participate in team and company events to promote our company mission and values.
- Continuously improve technical skills, critical thinking, risk assessment skills in food safety, regulatory, and/or quality.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School diploma/GED required. Associates degree in technical area (lab, micro, chemistry, quality) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to understand and operate basic product testing equipment
- Must be proficient at using multiple software applications such as personal computer skills including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unknowns in situations
- Good math and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret procedures, specifications, and other documents
- Ability to interpret and closely follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must function well under stress and possess strong interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with supervisors and/or respective personnel regarding production status and problems encountered
- Willingness to travel to other Pilgrims locations as needed.
- Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.