ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
Job Title: Business Team Engineer
Location: Council Bluffs, IA (or) Booneville, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements. This is an opportunity for a person who wants to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope Of Position:
The primary responsibility of this role is the coordination and completion of major capital projects on time, safely and in budget.
- Manage major capital projects with scope ranging from $.5 - $20M
- Assists with overall management of capital budget for the plant and ensure financial policy is being followed as it relates to capital project management.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of OSHA’s process safety management and EPA’s risk management program (RMP) requirements.
- Work with operations team to generate layout drawings, gather competitive bids, coordinate installation of equipment, track invoices and payments.
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPI’s) for plant PSM coordinators.
- Will be required to attend and pass training courses in PSM and Ammonia Operator I.
- Responsible for coordinating plant compliance with process safety management (PSM) regulation.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained
- Manage total capital spend and project timelines including line and plant startups
- Own the commercialization process during the planning and execution phases
- Owns the hand-off from project team to plant operations
- Maintain frequent communication with all plant departments as well as external vendors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a food manufacturing facility
- Sliced meats processing, slicing & packaging
- Organized and detail oriented
- Efficient time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, including knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products
- SAP knowledge beneficial
The position will require about 25-50% travel.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.