This position directs and coordinates breeder/hatchery operations to ensure the delivery of a quality product. Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent). Direct reports include Breeder Service Techs, Hatchery Mgr and Pullet Vaccination Crew Supervisor. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the day-to-day breeder operations to ensure the required quantity and quality of hatch eggs are available for hatcheries.
- Implements and monitors all pullet and breeder production programs. Ensures the training and development of all pullet and breeder flock supervisors.
- Provides communication and direction for all contract pullet and breeder producers.
- Provides communication and direction to Hatchery Mgr. for the optimum hatch of quality chicks.
- Monitors the development of all contract pullet and breeder producers as well as the development of the pullet placements, moves, vaccinations, and sales to ensure proper hatch egg numbers.
- Provides performance and cost numbers to accounting and upper management.
- Monitors pullet and breeder flock health and adherence to blood testing procedures.
- Monitors and promotes driver safety with all service people.
BASIC SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years of management experience in a directly related field.
- 5 years of directly related experience in poultry grow-out operations.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, holidays and weekends as needed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.