ATH Hatchery- Embrex Lead
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for performing various tasks in the hatchery while following all Company Safety and Animal Welfare Policies. Primary responsibility is overseeing the Embrex transfer process of the hatchery.
- Oversee the egg transfer process.
- Ability to mix vaccine by following the SOP.
- Start up and Shut Down of transfer equipment.
- Able to manage small crew of 10 or fewer people.
- Ability to keep up with vaccine and supplies inventory and let management know when vaccine or supplies need to be ordered.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization storage areas, embrex equipment, work area.
- Document machine status and perform light maintenance as required.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to work in hot, cold environments with occasional extended shifts.
- Reading, General Math and Writing Skills. Basic computer skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday 12:00am- 1:00pm. An estimate of 13 hours a day.
- Must be able to work holidays.
- Must be able to stand for long period.
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Exposed to temperatures of 60 degrees to 105 degrees and humidity’s up to 100%.
- Exposed to chemicals, drugs, and vaccines to be covered in M.S.D.S. training and hazardous communications.
- Use P.P.E. as required.
- Bending and twisting motions.
- Repetitive reaching and lifting of a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Requires constant standing and walking.
- Require to push or pull up to 50 lbs.