WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR 2ND/3RD SHIFT
- Performs daily monitoring of the plant functions which includes accessing the daily demands and making appropriate adjustments to meet those demands
- Meticulously execute process sampling to accurately gauge and monitor levels
- Monitor wastewater operations
- Analyze instantaneous and historical data to decide and act on needed process/operational adjustments (e.g. demand, chemical dosage, process adjustments)
- Log all operational data and produce frequent reports
- Promptly troubleshoot process, instrumentation, data, and mechanical problems
- Perform basic maintenance, repair, and calibration
- Document and report needed system improvements
- Execute and track work orders for plant operations
- Develop and continuously update operational SOPs and readiness plans
- Respond to emergencies
- Perform other duties as needed
- 1-2 years experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants associated ancillary and auxiliary equipment and distribution systems
- Must possess or obtain within 12 months of employment a Wastewater Operator Certification
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone.
- Show a comprehension of how to communicate effectively to individuals in a team setting.
- Must be able to lift, push or carry up to 90lbs