- Acts as back up for division purchasing coordinator in fulfilling BPCS and other purchasing responsibilities during his/her absence.
- Consolidates with corporate purchasing regarding routine reports and procedures.
- Communicates with outlying facilities (hatchery, feed mill, etc.) re their purchasing questions.
- Accepts assignments/special projects from purchasing coordinator as required.
- Cross trains to perform duties of requisitioner, issuer or receiver as required.
- Communicates with vendors and places orders with vendors.
- Expedites delivery.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Desire high school education or equivalent.
- Exposure to purchasing function helpful.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet packages to communicate and perform work.
- Ability to learn BPCS and train/support other local users.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Some lifting is required.