Senior Software Engineer
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. This position is a remote role.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be solutioning architectures and developing components of Revenue Manager, the industry leading Revenue and Billing Management platform, using the latest Microsoft technologies. You should have strong hands-on technical skills, extensive knowledge of developing web applications and services and the ability to work with senior stakeholders. This role will work closely with the Product team building application components that allow our clients the flexibility to meet their billing needs while maintaining a high degree of software quality standards.
- Design and implement C#/.NET based components where all functional and non-functional criteria are satisfied
- Handle integration of applications and web services to successfully deliver an end-to-end solution
- Conduct various proof of concepts on new technologies
- Actively work to improve quality, efficiency, and maintainability of the existing and new codebases
- Follow the agile SDLC process and participate in daily stand-ups and other scrum meetings
- Functionally decompose complex problems into well-defined, executable tasks
- Share your knowledge and mentor junior developers through documentation, code reviews, and training sessions
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and senior leaders, effectively articulating technical concepts to varied audiences
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in developing C#/.NET applications and web services
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL and performance tuning practices
- Experience with UI frameworks such as JQuery, bootstrap and MVC
- Team player with positive attitude, who can work collaboratively with other members of Envestnet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience working on complex platforms with custom components, features and a highly complex domain model
- Proficiency with browser-based debugging and performance testing
- Experience using Git or similar source control systems and any CI/CD tools
- Cultivates Innovation, not afraid to introduce new tools and frameworks to the team
- Broader knowledge in other modern technologies.
- Expert level skills with Microsoft technologies
- Experience developing Fintech applications
- Enjoys challenging and complex assignments
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 to $180,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).