Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a Engineering Manager. In this role, you will help execute on the vision and strategies that enable us to scale our platform to meet the growing demands of the business. You will lead 1-2 multi-discipline scrum teams and work collaboratively with other engineering leaders, product, program management, stakeholders, and business leaders to develop effective, transparent, cohesive, and high-quality technologies and processes.
You will draw upon exemplary critical thinking and problem-solving skills and a passion for creating timely, reliable, and scalable solutions. You must be creative, innovative, open to new challenges, good at multi-tasking, a great team player, and self-directed.
What You’ll Do
- Help lead the execution of a subset of Envestnet | Tamarac's Platform ensuring ongoing support of the existing capabilities while extending the platform
- Drive platform scale for more expansion ensuring robust support for the businesses rapid growth trajectory and pushing platform configurability and extensibility
- Mentor your teams to help them grow their technical and soft skills. You inspire, teach, and empower your teams to be successful.
- Work closely with product to define and iterate on how and what we deliver to maximize business benefit.
- Be the voice of quality and accountability for your teams. Make sure we are delivering the right thing in the right way.
- Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to build a quality platform
- Ensure appropriate translation of business requirements to technical specifications, configuration, administration, and use cases of technical tools and architecture
- Challenge status quo and drive creativity, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Participate in annual talent, performance and compensation review cycles combined with establishing a mentoring plan for all team members.
Who You Are
- 7+ years building and leading geographically distributed software engineering teams with a background in high volume systems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact and build trust with all levels of employees and management articulating clearly complex processes to audiences with differing levels of understanding
- Passion for customers and proven track record of delivering high quality with extreme accuracy products and services
- Deep passion for technology and ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and practices
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, and organization skills
- Deep knowledge of large-scale service design and architecture
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Bachelors or masters in computer science related field or a BA/BS Accounting/Finance with technology experience.
NOTE: This is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not intended as an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties, or desired qualifications.
Envestnet | Tamarac is an Equal Opportunity Employer