Senior Applications Engineer
About Power Integrations
Power Integrations, Inc., is a Silicon Valley-based supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Our integrated circuits and diodes enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for a vast range of electronic products including mobile devices, TVs, PCs, appliances, smart utility meters and LED lights. Our SCALE™ IGBT drivers enhance the efficiency, reliability and cost of high-power applications such as industrial motor drives, solar and wind energy systems, electric vehicles and high-voltage DC transmission.
Working for Power Integrations (PI) as an Applications Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for the following:
Evaluation of Power Integrations (PI) new products;
- Development of reference designs;
- Supporting Field Application Engineers in development of various SMPS projects;
- Direct support of key customers in the design of SMPS based on PI products.
- Responsibilities include: Development of design procedures for power converter topologies using new Power Integrations products.
- Creating reference designs of SMPS utilizing Power Integrations products.
- Creating SMPS designs to meet key customers’ specification.
- Evaluating the performance of new Power Integrations products in reference designs and designs to customer specification.
- Writing Design Evaluation Reports (DER).
- Planning and carrying out lab tests for verification of reference designs.
- Gathering and analysing test data.
- Providing support for software developers in the creation and the verification of design algorithms.
- Providing design support for field applications engineers.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in the design of SMPS. The candidate must demonstrate excellent understanding of the basic switched mode converter topologies (buck, boost, bridge, flyback). Background in Analog and Power Electronics, good analytical skills together with proficiency in circuit theory, semiconductor devices and magnetics are essential. Experience in printed circuit board (PCB) design, EMI, EMC and safety regulatory compliance would be an advantage. Proficiency in Mathcad and Excel as well as circuit simulation packages like Spice or Simplis is a bonus. Excellent written and oral communications is desired.
Academic Qualifications Required: BSc, MSc, MEng. or equivalent