- Participates in initiation phase of new production lines to assist in design for cost effective manufacturing
- Prepare detailed layouts of plant facilities to optimize utilization and product flow.
- Develop, install and maintain equitable standards. Work includes the establishment of the format to be used in the development of standards data, crewing guides, reconciliation reports and the use of work-sampling techniques to resolve questions of operator utilization or performance.
- Measure variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons and suggests solutions, installs and follow up.
- Keeps tally of the method changes reducing cost of production and strives for budgeted goal. Completes daily/weekly labor efficiency report.
- Keeps abreast for the trend of technology, investigates, installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive edge
- Drive the use of processes throughout the business. Be a lead in process map training and drive the culture of continuous process improvement.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis. (labor reporting and cost to produce analysis)
- Selects appropriate techniques of work measurement and measures work contents of support labors. Installs standards, measures performance against standards.
- Responsible for all equipment necessary to complete duties.
- Responsible for labor issues relative to RE/Workload management with legal department, UFCW, Wage and Hour.
- Educates plant personnel on work measurements and assists corporate with labor initiatives.
- Update and maintain EASE standards and video server.
- Frequent communication with senior team members concerning status of labor efficiency and projects.
- Regular contact with IE team at corporate and other facilities.
- Four year degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 5-years’ experience in Food Industry beneficial.
- Predetermined Time Software (EASE) experience beneficial
- Advanced computer skills
- General knowledge of machinery within kill/processing and case ready beef facilities
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Good technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
- Travel up to 50% a year.
- Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions while in facilities.
- This position will work M-F with varied hours based upon facility support schedules. Occasional weekends due to project oversight.