Carrier Sales Representative
As a Carrier Sales Representative , you will be responsible for building and growing relationships with truckload carriers within a new CJ Logistics product offering. You will be responsible for covering loads specific to current captive customers in the Food/CPG industry, and as the member of a founding team, you will have the ability to quickly grow your carrier portfolio across hundreds of available loads per day.
Successful candidates in this role will have experience working in a brokerage/spot environment, with an entrepreneurial mentality. Your carrier portfolio growth will also directly impact your take home pay.
- Use industry experience to attract, develop, and grow relationships with truckload carriers
- Negotiate and manage spot rates, contracts, terms and renewals with carriers
- Maintain consistent communication with carriers to manage business agreements and seek out opportunities to utilize carrier truck capacity
- Leverage CJ technology suite to negotiate competitive pricing, drive automation, and create efficiencies for carrier partners.
- Ensure load details are effectively tracked in the system
- High school diploma or GED
- 5-7 years of experience in a carrier sales or broker role within
- Experience with rate negotiations and load execution
- Experience working in a Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience working with Mercury Gate TMS, FourKites, and Trucker Tools
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others