Sr. Director, Freight Forwarding
Are you passionate about international freight forwarding operations? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at CJ Logistics America!
The Sr. Director of Freight Forwarding is responsible for managing team processes; ensuring the appropriate and efficient transportation of International Air and Ocean freight forwarding services to clients; providing quotations; communicating effectively with clients verbally and written; to maintain client satisfaction and to ensure company goals and targets are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate all operational functions and its air/ocean/freight international freight forwarding operations
- Develop operational objectives and ensure goals are aligned with overall business objectives
- Work with other teams and departments to coordinate international freight forwarding services
- Build effective relationships across CJ Logistics to help drive projects to completion and improve processes
- Assist in the development of SOP’s and ensure SOP’s are being followed for all international shipments, rates, import/export documentations, customs clearance service and, customer service
- Develop and monitor policies and practices to ensure compliance
- Interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to all team members regarding operations, standardized procedures, and systems
- Identify internal/external customer needs and develop solutions to solve challenges
- Develop and build relationships with international transportation carriers
- Negotiate and establish pricing for international shipping needs
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as air and ocean carriers, overseas freight forwarding agents, global consolidators, customs brokers, and in-land transportation carriers.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
- Analyze logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling, or cost or benefit analysis.
- Compare locations or environmental policies of carriers or suppliers to make transportation decisions with lower environmental impact.
- Prepare and provide competitive rates on a timely basis.
- Maintain positive relations with major clients and strong product knowledge.
- Provide superior customer service in all phases of Air / Ocean – import/export.
- Coordinate with other function areas to organize staff training activities
- Source various training media to benefit all levels of staff
- Provide skills & knowledge training to enhance staff development
- Plan and conduct orientation program
- Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS Degree in business, marketing, supply chain management or sales preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in international freight forwarding operations including air and ocean for both import and export activities
- Extensive knowledge of applicable domestic and international regulations, policies, and procedures
- Proven ability to effectively work with and grow large national accounts as well as small regional accounts.
- Results oriented with the drive to grow an international freight forwarding business
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills with a systematic problem-solving approach
- Ability to quickly and independently process ideas and implement changes.
- Competency in computer software programs. (Windows, MS office, etc.)
- Effectively deal with conflict management and confidentiality.
- Ambassador of integrity and change agent
- Proactive and good at problem-solving
- Developing others
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.