2nd Shift Supervisor
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
We are seeking a 2nd Shift Team Leader/Supervisor's for our Channahon, IL location. This person would be responsible for directing and engaging operations employees in CJ’s Logistics Center to achieve productivity goals.
The Team Leader/Supervisor will manage the 2nd shift operations and will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve production and quality goals. The Team Leader/Supervisor will collaborate with various CJ Logistics teams on implementing continuous improvement initiatives and leading practices.
- Engage the Workforce
- Interact with and motivate the workforce
- Conduct daily shift meetings
- Solve problems and address issues for employees
- Regularly communicate team goals and results
- Deliver Operational Performance (including Productivity and Efficiency Targets)
- Understand and communicate shift, Customer and Logistics Center goals
- Execute the daily work plan including goals and workflow management
- Implement CJ Logistics' Labor Management Program (performance observations)
- Provide front line feedback on staffing needs to Supply Chain Leader and Operations Leader
- Manage Employee Performance (including Safety, Quality and Productivity)
- Provide coaching through observations and provide performance feedback
- Track and communicate Operations Specialist performance
- Conduct safety observations and participate in Safety Committee
- Monitor and manage employee time, attendance and payroll
- Ensure Implementation of Leading Practices
- Job shadow Operations Specialists
- Identify training and cross-training needs
- Conduct on-the-job training with Operations Specialists
- Perform process quality checks and program management
- Connect employees to customer business objectives
- Communicate customer specific requirements
- Review Logistics Center performance against Customer requirements
- Help the Operations Specialists to feel more connected to the larger customer goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience
- Skills in leadership, organization, communication and cross functional teamwork
- Emphasis on safety is extremely important
- Understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with MHE
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.