Senior Cyber Security Analyst | Req#3055
ActioNet is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst with an Active Secret Clearance for the Defense Program, located in San Diego, CA. The position will provide senior technical analysis for Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber Security (CS) support efforts.
- Performs in-depth analysis in various areas and technologies within NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process. Implements RMF for the Navy Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) systems to achieve DoD Authority to Operate (ATO) accreditation.
- Conduct security assessments of system security plans to help ensure that plans provide security controls for information systems that meet stated security requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
- Ensure compliance of security configurations for IT systems and aid in providing clear and concise processes and procedures for the implementation and enforcement of system security configurations.
- Support the risk management process by helping to determine and assign risk impact ratings in accordance with Information Assurance standards guidelines and methodologies and by aiding in the development and maintenance of Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for IT systems identified in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and annual security assessments of IT systems.
- Provide assessments of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the information system and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities and prepare the security assessment reports containing the results and findings from system security assessments.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst/Specialist with Secret clearance shall have knowledge/experience in the following primary areas:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of IA / INFOSEC concepts and requirements: Firewall Policy, Ports & Protocols, Cybersecurity, Cybersafe
- Knowledge of the DOD A&A process and standards: DIACAP, RMF
- System / network vulnerability analysis
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation analysis
- Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E)
- Contingency planning
- Knowledge and experience of the Defense Information Systems Agency published Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG) requirements and implementation/compliance process.
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, and storage and backup.
- Possess strong oral and technical writing skills.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the US Government Information Assurance Security Processes.
- Knowledge of Information Assurance policies and procedures, and processes are also desired.
- Practical experience in Cybersecurity, Engineering, T&E or A&A.
- Understanding of Navy’s A&A process of applicable Navy systems including, but not limited to, networks and IT infrastructure such as the Navy Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), Outside the Contiguous United States (OCONUS) Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-NET), and CANES
- Knowledge of MWR WiFi networks (Commscope)
- Starlink commercial satellite system
- CANES Architecture
- Navy Qualified Validator (NQV) responsibilities.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAM/IAT Level III Certification or CISSP
- Bachelor's degree or AA/AS in Information Assurance or InfoSec field and 4 years of experience
ActioNet is a dynamic, award-winning SEI CMMI Level 3 Certified IT Services Firm that specializes in Enterprise Software Development involving Full Lifecycle Methodology, Project Management, Information Systems Security, Systems Integration and Training. ActioNet is committed to quality exemplified by our continual efforts to enhance how we do business. Vision: ActioNet helps its customers align their IT strategies with their business goals.
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.