Engineering and Installation Technician | Req#3176
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Engineering and Installation Technician (Part time or Full time) located in Honolulu, Hawaii. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
This is an entry level position with an upward mobility path to a journeyman position. Primary duties include Inside Plant Cable (ISP) Installation. The Inside Plant (ISP) Cable Installer must be able to understand comprehensive collection of installation-specific information to plan and execute tasks that includes installing CAT5, CAT5E CAT6, and Fiber-Install Data Racks and network equipment-Land cables on device ends, terminate and certify cables.
- Repeated and frequent ability to lift, from floor to above head 25 lbs continuously.
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift, crawl, squat, reach and utilize both hands and feet in an aerial and underground capacity.
- Environmental Conditions exposure is heat, cold, dust, wet, vibration and very loud noise. Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work.
- Work is performed in and out of an office environment.
- Assist in the installation of voice and data cabling including: copper & fiber optic terminations and installations, CAT.5, CAT5e & CAT.6, and EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation guidelines
- Assist in documenting the network by labeling and routing equipment and cables.
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair equipment and ISP/OSP cabling issues.
- For OSP tasks, the Apprentice works primarily in the field performing installation of OSP cable. Assists in gathering data for engineering and design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a Federal Background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…).
- Ability to make independent judgment and perform repetitive tasks.
- Within 90 days of start date, take and pass OSHA-10 Certification.
- Applicant must be at least a high school graduate or equivalent.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.