Senior Test Engineer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems, and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing software engineer for a position validating a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience in cloud-native software development and validation and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will work and collaborate with development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of intuitive usability and product quality.
- Test and recommend evolution of new user interfaces and reporting options for these tools.
- Review, analyze, and supplement requirement specifications, and ensure maximum test coverage
- Prove scalability and performance of software products
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience as a software developer and a validation engineer.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to interact with project team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks like QFtest or Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with Postgres and Kafka desired
- Experience with third party tools and providers: Jira / Confluence, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- 3+ years working in software development
- Experience with GIT, Jira, code review tools
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.