Member of Technical Staff – Development – Installer Team
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to develop high quality software in Real Time Operating System.Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Wind River and customers.The focus of this role is to deliver a modern and convenient development platform to debug/analyze software and improve quality.
- Work in Agile style environment.
- Design software in flexible, extendable architecture.
- Deliver high-quality and maintainable code and unit test.
- Debug and troubleshoot your code.
- Resolve problems reported from both internal and external customers.
- Improving teams’ effectiveness by helping other team members.
- Reverse engineer an Eclipse based installer (provisioning platform) from binary and source dumps. Migrate the dumps cleanly into a bitbucket git repository. Create a Jenkins pipeline that can rebuild that installer from source and project files. Implement a Jenkins pipeline that captures and automates the build of new WR installers.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experienced agile development environment.
- DevOps practices in software engineering.
- Grow mindset in technology and person.
- Teamwork spirit.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in CS/EE or related areas.
- 8-10 Experinece of in Installer Development.
- Java programming experince is a must.
- Very good experience in Unix shell scripting.
- Experience working on various installer applications.
- Good to have C/C++ programming experience.
- Working experience on Eclipse IDE platform.
- Good knowledge on security aspects like image signing etc.
- Should have knowledge on creating the plugin for Eclipse.
- Knowledge on provisioning platform (p2)
- Skills in complex software architecture/design.
- Know how on Embedded System Design.
- Good Reading/Writing/Oral English communication skills.
- Very good teamwork spirit.
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.