Senior Engineer – Device Driver Development
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River is seeking an experienced developer to join the Helix Virtualization Platform (HVP) & VxWorks development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and certification of safety-critical features and functionality used by our Aerospace, Industrial and Automotive customers. As a team lead, you will lead a highly skilled development team charged with all aspects of the safety-critical software development life cycle, from requirements development to implementation to verification. You will work closely with the product management team and system architects to understand and implement customer-requested features and fixes.
The Device Driver team is responsible for developing and improving the IO, Storage, Networking and connectivity features around VxWorks/HVP on Arm , IA platforms etc. This contribution helps drive the development of world-class System Software for architected hardware and software platforms.
- The ideal candidate with good technical background who contributes on Device Driver Software Development & HW/SW testing in the context of IPs and ASICs.
- Helping to develop, optimize and deliver the software needed to support HVP & VxWorks, as well as helping Wind River to grow in its role in new embedded and enterprise market segments.
- Take initiative to improve features and processes.
- Contribute ideas for product improvements and iterations.
- Collaborate effectively with global software engineering teams.
- Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Experience in embedded software development
- Knowledge of development and verification standards like DO178C
- Experience as a technical hands-on team lead
- Self-motivated with a customer-focused mindset
- Able to develop product features in accordance with customer requirements.
- BTech / MTech degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- Solid understanding of software development methodology
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in designing complex software features.
- Knowledge and experience of any RTOS (QNX, VxWorks, FreeRTOS etc.)
- Strong C programming skills and OS concepts. Good understanding of ARM/MIPS/PPC architecture
- Strong experience in any of the following Storage types - SATA/ PATA, SD/MMC/eMMC, CF, NAND/NOR, DDR2.
- Experience in network stack development for IPv4/IPv6, Pv4/IPv6 Dual Stack, 802.1Q VLAN, SCTP, Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol, ROHC, DHCP, USB
- Working experience in Microcontroller Board Support Packages like ADC, Timer, Capture mode, GTM, SPI, I2C, DMA, UART, Flash Drivers, Watchdog, DIOs
- Comprehensive experience with Emulators and Debuggers
- Experience handling build system, Dev ops, Jenkins, CI/CT/CD
- Lead the agile team using Agile methodology and scrum practice. Certified Scrum Master, experience in a scrum master role
- Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid Work.
- Medical insurance: Group Medical Insurance coverage.
- Additional shared cost medical benefit in the form of reimbursements.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation and Time off: Employees are eligible for various types of paid time off.
- Additional Time off’s – Birthday, Volunteer Time off, Wedding.
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
- Carrot (Family -forming support)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.