Senior Engineer - Services
ABOUT WIND RIVER
Wind River is a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems. For more than four decades, the company has been an innovator and pioneer, powering billions of systems that require the highest levels of security, safety, and reliability. Wind River helps customers across automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications industries solve complex technology challenges on their journey toward the new intelligent machine economy.
The company’s software powers generation after generation of the safest, most secure systems in the world. Examples include playing a key role in NASA space missions — such as Artemis I, the James Webb Space Telescope, and multiple Mars rovers — and in recent 5G milestones — including the world’s first successful 5G data session with Verizon and in building one of the largest Open RAN networks in the world with Vodafone.
The company has received industry recognition for its technology innovation and leadership, and for its workplace culture, including global Great Place to Work certification and being named a “Top Workplace” for ten consecutive years. If you want to be part of a unique culture where the lived experience is based on our cultural attributes of growth mindset, customer-focus, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging, come join us and help advance the future software-defined world.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY & THE TEAM
Wind River Systems is seeking a Member of Technical Staff– Certification Center of Excellence our Professional Services Safety Certification team in Bangalore, India. This high-performing engineer will be a critical member of a co-located team generating software and evidence for safety-critical systems. You will interact with our highly skilled global teams in North America or Europe on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have a unique mix of skills:
Exemplary teaming skills. You’ll work with technical leaders providing the certification evidence for projects that will deliver best-in-class, safest, and highest-quality software on the planet. These projects can come from multiple industries such as Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Medical, and Automotive verticals, and will follow Wind River’s proven processes.
- Knowledge of complex, time-critical projects.
- Someone who appreciates the value of efficient processes.
- Understanding of embedded software development using C or C++ programming languages. Having an Engineering degree and coding/programming experience with embedded software will give you the right technical mindset and the ability to help your team. While application-level embedded software is good, lower-level embedded software (board support packages, bootloaders, device drivers) is better.
- Past exposure and experience to safety certification standards including DO-178C/ IEC61508/ IEC50128/ ISO26262 are highly essential.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality are required. An excellent working knowledge of various Software Engineering processes and tools will also help you be successful. And when you don’t know the answer, the ability to find the answer, learn quickly, and adapt to a changing environment will come in handy.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Certification, validation, and verification for new and modified existing embedded software products in compliant to DO-178C/ CENELEC 50128 /ISO 26262 standards.
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- 6 - 10 years of software verification & validation experience
- Good understanding of full lifecycle software engineering concepts from requirements to integration tests
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop test cases based on high-level requirements, low-level requirements, and test strategies possessing knowledge of input test variations.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to guide and help other engineers.
- LDRA/RTRT, Polarion, DOORS, Git, Jira, Intel/Arm/PPC boards
- Experience in scripting language e.g. Python
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in real-time operating systems such as VxWorks.
- Experience in near real-time operating systems such as Linux.
- Experience in Hypervisors and Virtual Machines such as Helix Virtualization Platforms (HVP).
- Knowledge of BSP (Board Support Package)
Applicant Privacy Notice
At Wind River, we value your privacy. As part of our compliance with applicable data privacy laws, please see Wind River's Applicant Privacy Notice, as set forth here: https://www.windriver.com/company/terms/applicant-privacy
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.