SRC, Inc. is seeking a mechanical engineer to work with a team of highly capable mechanical engineers currently developing state-of-the-art radar, communication and electronic warfare systems.
- Apply mechanical engineering best practices during the creation of complex mechanical drawings, parts, and assemblies, which meet system-level design requirements
- Perform thermal and structural analyses to support the mechanical design process
- Work closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines to develop and test mechanical designs for both our prototyping and manufacturing businesses
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with 3 or more years of related experience
- Experience with SolidWorks, both 3-D modeling and 2-D drawings
- Understand thermal and structural analysis principles
- Working knowledge of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Y14 and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Understanding of configuration management (CM) and design control
- Experience with the design and development of extremely detailed mechanical systems
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design, writing specifications, developing test procedures and close tolerance requirements
- Strong material selection and construction method skills
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-1472
Learn more about SRC:
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.