Product Support Engineer (Entry Level)
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a product support engineer to join our life cycle management (LCM) team in Syracuse, N.Y. SRCTec manufactures and provides technical support services for a variety of radar and sensor systems across a global commercial and defense customer base. The preferred candidate’s primary responsibility will be delivering exceptional pre- and post-sales technical support to domestic and international customers through product demonstrations and test events, product training, field support, and remote technical support, as well as repairing and maintaining business development capital assets. Candidate will be responsible for developing subject matter expertise in technical support for customers, and leading/supporting development of products in dynamic, rapidly growing business.
What You'll Do
- Perform field training/service support at both customer and company locations (domestic and international)
- Work closely with customers and end users to understand and document expectation and collaborate with internal team to successfully deliver against those expectations
- Support business development, engineering test/analysis, and internal programs through successful demonstration and test events of SRCTec product capabilities
- Support customer operational needs with swift action, which may include last minute travel
- Support depot repair and manufacturing activities through strong troubleshooting skills, system/sub-system analysis and circuit board to component level diagnosis
- Support engineering, quality, configuration management and subcontracts in technical matters
- Support proposal development to include technical requests for information (RFI)/requests for proposal (RFP) and quotes, including basis of estimates (BoE), requests for quotation (RFQ), and rough order of magnitudes (ROM)
- Develop and document test plans, technical performance assessments, and after-action reports
- 25 - 30 percent travel (domestic and international) including some weekend and holiday travel as required by the customer; extended deployment type field assignments may be required
- Participate in after-hours on-call technical support rotation as required by customer contracts including fielding technical support calls, logging a support ticket, and assisting customers with troubleshooting and resolution
What You'll Bring
- Associates degree and up to 3 years of experience in a technical discipline, computer science, mathematics, computational mathematics, or a similar technical field (any equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered)
- Able to understand and interpret electronic schematics, electronic drawings, mechanical drawings, test and assembly instructions, and specifications and engineering documents
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and possess strong time management skills
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Meet physical occupational requirements including the ability to lift, move, and walk with a minimum of 40 pounds, and ability to obtain tower climbing certification with or without reasonable accommodations
- General computer skills including MS Office suite
- Able to obtain visa/passport and DoD security clearance
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Systems engineering or working familiarity with radar systems, radio-frequency (RF)-based systems, communication-related systems, navigation systems, or other complex electronics technology
- Technical troubleshooting knowledge of systems and subsystems to circuit board and component level
- Experience with variety of test equipment to include network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Demonstrated success conducting technical operator and maintenance training courses
- A firm understanding of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) networking
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity to solve “impossible” problems in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Across our family of companies, we apply bright minds, fresh thinking and relentless determination to deliver innovative products and services that are redefining possible®. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong. You’ll collaborate with more than 1,400 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — in a highly innovative, inclusive and equitable work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent employer contribution toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $68,000 to $79,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: