SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a first shift RF/Electronics Technician to support SRCTec Manufacturing. Activities will include the test, troubleshoot, and repair of production systems, parts and equipment including radio frequency (analog and digital) signals, digital signal processing, power/voltage regulation. Testing and troubleshooting will be done at both the component level and the system level.
What You’ll Do
- Follow established unit test procedures and processes to accomplish daily manufacturing operations
- Troubleshoot RF and digital failures down to component level. This includes both the system to component level and the component to IC level
- Use automated test stations and manual bench configurations to accomplish tasks
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and have ability to multi-task and change job tasks on short notice
- Work as a key contributing member of the manufacturing production team
- Perform tasks of moderate to complex scope; may lead specific tasks within the scope of a larger project, diagnose and correct complex system and equipment problems
- Plan technical support functions required to support engineering, research, manufacturing and development projects and activities; functions may include setup, maintenance, circuit testing, assembly, installation, troubleshooting, and fabrication
- Write up detailed data summary for discrepancy documentation to show results of test processes during the repair/troubleshooting process
- Manually set up test equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standardized principles and procedures in area of specialization to problems and projects, develop solutions to moderately complex problems and projects where some precedent exists, and innovation may be required. Diagnose and correct the most complex system and equipment problems
- May work as part of a team or independently
- May begin to assume some responsibility for overseeing the work of others, may guide the technical efforts of less experienced staff, and may assist in the planning and monitoring of manufacturing operation
What You’ll Bring
- Associate degree in electrical engineering technology or Military/technical school degree in a related field(s) and 6 years of experience in a related electronics environment OR High school diploma and 10 years of experience in a related electronics environment field(s) is also acceptable
- Candidate must possess hands on skills with multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, and RF power meters
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and have small tool skills
- Must be able to interpret and work from electronic schematics, blueprints, and test specifications/instructions
- Must have solid computer skills to include the use of MS Office, Internet browsers and the use of Linux command line is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to demonstrate time management skills and to solve problems independently
- A background in Radio Frequency (RF) theory and/or operation is a plus
- IPC J-STD-001 Solder certification is a plus
- Must be U.S. citizen
What Sets SRCTec, LLC Apart?
SRCTec, LLC is a manufacturing and life cycle management company specializing in the cost-effective production of high-quality, high-reliability, advanced military electro-mechanical products. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of SRC, Inc., which is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 65 years of experience in defense, environment, and intelligence. Together, SRC and SRCTec work with the customer for the best solution – not the bottom line – resulting in nationally significant, next-generation solutions that are supported throughout their full life cycle. For more information, visit www.srcinc.com/about/srctec.html.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $68,000 to $79,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: