Digital Hardware Engineer (Principal)
As a Principal Digital Hardware Engineer at SRC Inc., you will play a crucial role in the architecture of the compute and signal processing subsystems of cutting-edge radar and electronic warfare systems. You will devise, architect, design, bring-up, and integrate high-end compute and signal processing circuit cards and work with the latest processors, FPGAs, memories, and converters. You will own the digital hardware from concept through production transition. As a principal engineer, you will mentor colleagues and review the work of others. As a technical leader, you will be part of a diverse, cross-functional team of hardware, FPGA, systems, and software engineers creating innovative products that meet the demands of our clients and stay at the cutting-edge of technological advancements in digital design.
What You’ll Do
- Architect high-end compute, signal processing, analog-to-digital conversion, digital-to-analog conversion, and control for cutting-edge radar and electronic warfare systems
- Serve as a subject matter expert in digital hardware within the organization
- Design and develop digital circuit cards with FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel, Microchip), novel processors, high-speed memory, data links, and high-bandwidth converters
- Design and schematic capture of custom digital circuit boards
- Perform board-level and system-level integration and test of new designs
- Support transition of boards and systems to production
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers, fostering their growth and development in digital hardware
- Review and provide feedback on circuit card designs by other digital hardware engineers
- Develop test and debug logic for FPGAs (VHDL, Verilog, Python, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date with the latest hardware development tools, technologies, and methods
- Generate quick turn prototypes to de-risk key functionality and to support customer demos
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 12+ years of experience OR Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience
- Deep Understanding of real-time compute and signal processing hardware solutions
- Proficiency with schematic capture tools (e.g. Altium)
- Proficiency with test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, temp chambers, shield rooms, etc.) and basic soldering skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with excellent communication skills
- Must be U.S. citizen
Ways to Stand Out
- Experience developing control and signal processing algorithms in FPGAs
- Experience with radars or electronic warfare systems
- Experience interfacing with RF circuitry
- Experience with SPICE and Signal Integrity board level simulations
- Experience with VPX and SOSA circuit card standards
- Experience implementing low-level C/C++ for microcontrollers and embedded processors
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity to solve “impossible” problems in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Across our family of companies, we apply bright minds, fresh thinking and relentless determination to deliver innovative products and services that are redefining possible®. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong. You’ll collaborate with more than 1,400 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — in a highly innovative, inclusive and equitable work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent employer contribution toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $139,000 to $193,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: